A Biotechnology company are seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst. The position is based in Miami.
This position will be responsible for analyzing and recording various general ledger accounting transactions and supporting the monthly close and financial reporting process.
1. Perform cost accounting functions including, but not limited to, reconciling inventory, elimination of markup profits, and analysis of cost of goods accounts.
2. Maintenance and monitoring of the general ledger, including variance analysis on an account level
3. Compute, analyze, and maintain complex accounting transactions
4. Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly close responsibilities
5. Work with functional departments to create and maintain financial analysis to support ongoing operational decisions
6. Perform detailed analysis of financial data to ensure accuracy in the financial reporting, including but not limited to, compared to budget, forecast, and the results to prior periods
7. Support the annual external financial, grant, and bank audits
8. Complete various government surveys
9. Preparation of supporting documentation for tax compliance
10.Preparation of journal entries, as needed
11.Work on special projects, as needed
12.Other accounting functions as assigned by the Assistant Controller